This post contains affiliate links, please read our disclaimer policy.
Take the stress out of coming up with ideas every single day with these These Elf On The Shelf notes and jokes, perfect to simplify your days and keep the magic alive!
Free printable Elf On The Shelf notes and jokes
Elf On The Shelf is a fun tradition that got it’s start in 2005 when a mother and daughter duo published the book along with a special scout elf. It took off like wildfire and hasn’t slowed down since! Heck, you can now even get adorable outfits for your elf, there are so many ways to have fun with them!
I remember trying Elf on the Shelf years back, when my oldest daughter was little. We lasted one year, just one. Why, you ask? Because our elf got forgotten… a lot. I think he lived on top of our kitchen cabinets for a whole week and the dog got ahold of him one day. After that I knew I wasn’t cut out to be a good elf handler, so our elf went on vacation and never returned.
But that doesn’t mean other, less forgetful parents, don’t enjoy and actually do a wonderful job at the magic! So I decided to create some fun printables to help for the days you’re out of ideas, out of energy, or just don’t want the stress of thinking of ideas!
How does Elf On The Shelf work?
The concept of pretty magical! And if you read the book that comes with the elf it will help guide you. You can also check out of Elf On The Shelf letters and instructions!
I’ll summarize a few key points below to help!
- After reading the book, which includes instructions on the elf and what he does, you’ll want to plan his first visit! Remember he comes every day after that so be prepared.
- Upon his arrival you’ll want to name him! Your child can pick whatever name they want for him.
- The elf should never be touched or he’ll lose his magic, but don’t worry, some cinnamon can bring him right back!
- Each night the elf should be moved after he reports back to santa, so make sure to find him a new hiding spot after bedtime each night!
- Each morning he can be found in a new position and with a fun new notecard to give the kids a fun activity or a boost of encouragement for their day.
- On Christmas Eve the elf reports back to Santa all his findings and says goodbye to the kids until the next year.
Love this printable? Check out all our other Christmas printables here!
Printable set of 3 8.5 x 11 printable sheet with 12 notes per page, total of 36 notes!
How to use your Elf on the Shelf printable notes
Each evening or early morning, after you’ve moved your elf to a new position, you’ll want to add a card for him to hold! The card could be something simple for the days you have to run out to school or use one of the more elaborate ones for weekends when you have more time for the magic!
Some Favorite Elf Notes:
- Lets have a movie night, can you guess my favorite movie?
(tip: use this with our Christmas movie night printable!)
- Oh nooo… sorry for the mess. I think I got a little carried away
(tip: use this with a mess of of flour on the counter and some fresh baked cookies!)
- I sure do love to read! Can you read me your favorite book?
- I just love to draw! see? Can you draw me a picture so I can take it to Santa?
- I saw your kindness yesterday, keep up the good work!
(top: use this when your child does a good deed!)
- I love a fun game of hide and seek, I hid a treat under a seat. Can you find it?
(tip: use this with our printable Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt cards!)
- Do you have your letter to Santa ready? Please read it to me!
Plus tons more notes and jokes, 36 in total!
Pro Tip: laminate the cards so sticky little fingers don’t damage them!
Get the FREE Elf on the Shelf Notes and Jokes
Ready to print your free note cards? Use the buttons below to grab your free printable and enjoy!
If you have any issues or questions please check our FAQ page for troubleshooting tips!
Download your printable Elf Notes!
Click the download link below for your immediate PDF download!